Journey to the Red Centre of Australia to the sacred landscapes of the Outback and imposing Uluru, as you uncover an ancient culture that dates back thousands of years.
Delve into fascinating rituals of the Anangu during your Inspiring Journey through outback Australia and share in their spiritual connection with this ancient land that spans millennia.
Per person, in USD
Adult Twin $2,225
- Overnight Stays
Your Journey Itinerary
1 Welcome to Uluru
Welcome to Uluru. This afternoon you’ll meet your Journey Director and fellow travellers and then take a drive to Uluru- Kata Tjuta National Park. Having lived in the region for tens of thousands of years, Traditional Owners, the Anangu, have a strong connection with this land. You’ll learn about Tjukurpa, the history, knowledge, religion, morality and law of the local Aboriginal people and their ancestors. Travelling to the spectacular domes of Kata Tjuta, you’ll take a guided walk through Walpa Gorge, following the natural creek bed between two of the largest domes. Kata Tjuta has great cultural significance for the Anangu people, specifically for Anangu men. Later enjoy canapés and wine at the Uluru sunset viewing area. As the sun sets over the western horizon, the evening sky brings out the many shades of colour for which Uluru is renowned. This evening get to know your fellow travellers over a delicious meal at Ilkari Restaurant at your hotel.
2 Uluru – Curtin Springs – Kings Canyon
Start the day with an impressive sunrise over Uluru from the sunrise viewing area. Take a walk at the base of Uluru and hear timeless stories, see rock art, and visit Mutitjulu Waterhole, once an important water source for the Aboriginal people and animals in the area. Visit Curtin Springs Station at lunch time. Curtin Springs has been home to the Severin family since 1956, when Peter Severin arrived with his young wife Dawn, their toddler son Ashley and 1,500 head of cattle. Take part in a paper-making workshop at Curtin Springs Paper then sit down to a barbecue lunch and meet one of the locals as you hear about the Severin family and the logistics of running a million-acre cattle property. This evening you’re treated to Local Dining Experience, Under a Desert Moon, set in the wilderness under a canopy of the southern night sky (weather permitting). Enjoy sparkling wine and canapés followed by a four-course dinner, prepared from fresh produce.
3 Kings Canyon – Mereenie Loop – Alice Springs
Perfect for observing the changing colours of the landscape, today you’re off on a sunrise six-kilometre Rim Walk exploration of the spectacular Kings Canyon. As you venture around the rim, highlights include the domed ‘Lost City’, and the luscious ‘Garden of Eden’. If you’d prefer a more relaxed walk you can opt for a walk along the Creek Bed. Afterwards you’re off the beaten track, travelling along the Mereenie Loop Road past Gosses Bluff, through the West MacDonnell Ranges and then continue to Alice Springs for dinner at your hotel.
4 West MacDonnell Ranges
This morning you will visit the historic Overland Telegraph Station and learn about the overland telegraph line and why Alice Springs is in this location. Then you will travel out to the West MacDonnell Ranges, where you’ll will take a walk into Angkerle (Standley Chasm) and Simpsons Gap. Tonight, enjoy a Local Dining Experience with your hosts at an open-air barbecue dinner with campfires as the Milky Way lights up the wide Australian sky.
5 Farewell from Alice Springs
This morning you’ll visit the Royal Flying Doctor Service, to see how this facility provides medical assistance to those living in remote outback Australia. Before your trip comes to an end, visit the School of the Air and learn how children living in the far reaches of the Outback receive an education over the air waves. Your Inspiring Journey concludes in the late morning.
Authentic and Enriching Experiences
- Iconic Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Embark on a 4WD off the Mereenie Loop Road
- Wander through Simpsons Gap
- The 36 mystical domes of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas)
- Fascinating Angkerle (Standley Chasm)
- Hike through Walpa Gorge
- Learn about Uluru sacred sites
- Hike to the top of Kings Canyon for magnificent views
- Toast an Uluru sunset with sparkling wine
- Experience a spectacular Red Centre sunrise
- Unwind in your Deluxe Spa Room at Kings Canyon Resort
- Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destination
- Most meals, including Local Dining Experiences. See Dining tab below
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the journey
- Travel by bespoke 4WD vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioning
- A maximum of 20 guests to share your journey
- Expert Driver Guide escorts
- All entrance and National Park fees
- Sustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpack
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Airport transfers (see Flight Information below)
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Warm layers in cooler months
- A sense of adventure
- Good level of fitness required for the three hour Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Low to moderate level of fitness required for the Kings Canyon Creek Bed Walk
- 4 Full buffet breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 1 Dinner with wine
- 2 Local Dining Experiences
- 1 Celebration Dinner
- Day 1: Flights to arrive prior to 12.30pm into Ayers Rock Airport
- Day 5: Flights to depart after 12.30pm from Alice Springs Airport
Enjoy Your Stay
Discover the Red Centre