Witness the rugged landscape of the Red Centre and marvel at the ancient cultures that have cared for this land for generations.
On this journey, experience the majesty of Uluru, Kings Canyon and the soaring West MacDonnell Ranges, taking in the beauty and enormity of your surroundings. View rock dating back thousands of years, witness striking landscapes and be immersed in the stories of the Dreamtime.
Per person, in USD
Adult Twin $2,550
- Overnight Stays
Your Journey Itinerary
1 Welcome to Alice Springs
Your outback Inspiring Journey begins on arrival in Alice Springs. Meet your Journey Director for a visit to the lifesaving outback institution of the Royal Flying Doctor Service, to see how this facility provides medical assistance to those living in remote Australia. Nearby, visit the School of the Air, a crucial service providing education to children living in remote Australian communities. This evening, join your fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and an exclusive Local Dining Experience barbecue dinner around a campfire with your Alice Spring hosts, as the Milky Way lights up the sky.
2 Alice Springs
This morning visit the historic Overland Telegraph Station, site of the first European settlement in Alice Springs, and learn how it relayed messages between Darwin and Adelaide for 60 years. Then the stunning landscapes of the West MacDonnell Ranges take centre stage as you embark on a walk through Simpsons Gap and dramatic Angkerle, which was created over millions of years. The deep red sandstone formation contrasts with the carpet of lush green ferns and gum trees on the valley floor. Later, back in Alice Springs, you’ll have free time to relax by the pool or choose to explore more, at your own pace.
3 Alice Springs – Kings Canyon
En route to Kings Canyon you’ll travel off-road along the 4WD Mereenie Loop Road, passing Tylers Lookout and Gosses Bluff. On arrival, gaze across the deep chasm at the edge of Kings Canyon as you embark on a 6km rim walk, past the domed ‘Lost City’ and the luscious ‘Garden of Eden’. This evening you’re treated to the unique dining experience, Under a Desert Moon, set in the wilderness under a canopy of the Southern Night sky. The flickering glow of the fire is the perfect accompaniment to sparkling wine and canapés followed by dinner, prepared from fresh produce and ingredients unique to the Australian outback.
4 Kings Canyon – Uluru
Now you’re bound for Uluru . On your way visit Curtin Springs Station, a million-acre property, where you’ll gain insights into the cattle rearing heritage of the Severin family, before kicking back in true Aussie-style at a delicious exclusive barbecue lunch. This afternoon enter Uluru –Kata Tjuta National Park, experiencing the magnificence of the 36 red conglomerate domes that form Kata Tjuta, and joining your Journey Director for a walk through Walpa Gorge. Later, witness the spectacular changing colours as the sun sets over Uluru , while sipping sparkling wine. This evening toast your holiday with your fellow travellers at a Celebration Dinner at Ilkari Restaurant.
5 Farewell from Uluru
Experience a majestic sunrise over Kata Tjuta and Uluru from the fantastic Kata Tjuta dune viewing platform. From here it’s off to the Uluru –Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre for breakfast and an insight into the history of the local Anangu people. Take a walk around to the base of Uluru , hearing timeless stories, viewing spectacular rock art, and visiting the culturally significant Mutitjulu Waterhole. In the late morning, when your Inspiring Journey comes to an end, you’ll be transferred to Ayers Rock Airport for your onward flight.
See and Do
- The sprawling West MacDonnell Ranges\
- Wander through Simpsons Gap
- Iconic Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Fascinating Angkerle (Standley Chasm)
- The 36 mystical domes of Kata Tjuta(the Olgas)
- Hike to the top of Kings Canyon for magnificent views
- Learn about Uluru sacred sites
- Hike through Walpa Gorge
- Unwind in your Deluxe Spa Room at Kings Canyon Resort
- Experience a spectacular Red Centre sunrise
- Toast an Uluru sunset with sparkling wine
- Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destination
- Most meals, including Local Dining Experiences. See Dining tab below
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the journey
- Travel by bespoke 4WD vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioning
- Expert Journey Director and Driver Guide escorts
- A maximum of 20 guests on your journey
- All entrance and National Park fees
- Sustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpack
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Airport transfers (see Flight Information below)
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Warm layers in cooler months
- A sense of adventure
- Good level of fitness required for the three hour Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Low to moderate level of fitness required for the Kings Canyon Creek Bed Walk
- 4 Full buffet breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 1 Dinner with wine
- 2 Local Dining Experiences
- 1 Celebration Dinner
- Day 1: Flights to arrive prior to 12.30pm into Alice Springs Airport
- Day 5: Flights to depart after 1.00pm from Ayers Rock Airport
Enjoy Your Stay
Discover the Red Centre