Witness the rugged landscape of the Red Centre and marvel at the ancient cultures that have cared for this land for generations. Experience the majesty of Uluru, Kings Canyon and view rock art dating back thousands of years.
On this journey, experience the majesty of Uluru, Kings Canyon and the soaring West MacDonnell Ranges, taking in the beauty and enormity of your surroundings. View rock art dating back thousands of years, witness striking landscapes and be immersed in the stories of the Dreamtime.
Per person, in USD
Adult Twin $2,210
Available on select departures
Early Payment Discount - Pay by 31 Jan 2021
You can save up to 10% when you pay in full by 31 January 2021*
- Overnight Stays
Your Journey Itinerary
1 Welcome to Alice Springs
Immerse yourself in the historic Alice Springs Telegraph Station precinct and learn about the overland telegraph line as you discover its historic buildings. Explore the West MacDonnell Ranges on a walk through the dramatic Simpsons Gap. Relish spectacular views across Alice Springs from Anzac Hill before some free time to explore the town or relax by your resort pool. Immerse yourself this evening against the backdrop of the Outback, enjoying an open-air dinner around a campfire with your local hosts, as the Milky Way lights up the sky.
2 Alice Springs – Kings Canyon
Now we’re off the beaten track exploring along the Giles Track, crossing dry river beds and outback landscapes to Kings Canyon Resort. This evening you’re treated to the unique Local Dining Experience, Under a Desert Moon, set in the wilderness under a canopy of the Southern Night sky (weather permitting). The only light comes from the moon and the flickering glow of the fire and the only sound is soft music intertwined with the whispering of the breeze through the Desert Oak trees and the crackling flames. Enjoy sparkling wine and canapés followed by a degustation dinner, prepared from fresh produce and ingredients unique to the Australian Outback.
3 Kings Canyon – Uluru
Gaze across the deep chasm at the edge of Kings Canyon as you embark on a sunrise 6km rim walk past the domed ‘Lost City' and down into the luscious ‘Garden of Eden'. Immerse yourself while visiting the Wanmarra Community with local Aboriginal people and learn about the Luritja and Pertame people’s spiritual connection to the land. Discover bush food and bush medicine used for spirituality and healing. Wandering across desert landscapes leaving Kings Canyon behind and arriving for lunch at Curtin Springs Station, a vast farming property. Feel the stirring of something bigger than you as you arrive in Ayers Rock Resort, your launchpad to Australia's fiery heart in the Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park. This afternoon, travelling to Uluru as the day fades, the outback sun bids a fiery farewell. This is the perfect backdrop for included sparkling sundowners while overlooking Uluru.
Under the cover of darkness, wander through 50,000 magical hand-crafted frosted glass spheres of light, in colours changing from ochre, deep violet, blue and gentle white. Then make your way to the dune top and watch in awe as the sun pops up in the distance behind Uluru, flooding the landscape with light. Then you’re off to explore the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre and learn about the spiritual connection the local Anangu caretakers have with the land. Skirt the red walls of Uluru, hear timeless stories, view spectacular rock art, and visit the culturally significant Mutitjulu Waterhole. This afternoon you’ll make your way to Kata Tjuta, 36 domes of red-hued sedimentary rock. Join your Journey Director for a walk deep into Walpa Gorge, where you’ll hear about the area’s distinct geological and cultural history. The evening, join your fellow travellers for a Celebration Dinner at Ilkari Restaurant.
5 Farewell from Uluru
Relax this morning as your journey comes to an end. You might choose to take in Uluru one last time from the air on a scenic helicopter flight before your journey comes to an end.
See and Do
- The sprawling West MacDonnell Ranges
- Wander through Simpsons Gap
- Iconic Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Fascinating Angkerle (Standley Chasm)
- The 36 mystical domes of Kata Tjuta(the Olgas)
- Hike to the top of Kings Canyon for magnificent views
- Learn about Uluru sacred sites
- Hike through Walpa Gorge
- Unwind in your Deluxe Spa Room at Kings Canyon Resort
- Experience a spectacular Red Centre sunrise
- Toast an Uluru sunset with sparkling wine
- Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destination
- Most meals, including Local Dining Experiences. See Dining tab below
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the journey
- Travel by bespoke 4WD vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioning
- Expert Driver Guide escorts
- A maximum of 22 guests on your journey
- All entrance and National Park fees
- Sustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpack
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Airport transfers (see Flight Information below)
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Warm layers in cooler months
- A sense of adventure
- Good level of fitness required for the three hour Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Low to moderate level of fitness required for the Kings Canyon Creek Bed Walk
- 4 Full buffet breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
- 1 Dinner with wine
- 1 Local Dining Experience
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- Your guided holiday starts at 9.00am in Alice Springs at Crowne Plaza Lasseters Resort. Pre accommodation is required.
- Flight to depart at anytime after breakfast for the last day.
Enjoy Your Stay
Discover the Red Centre