Head deep west and discover the coastal outback of Cape Naturaliste, where you will see the land through the eyes of an Indigenous custodian. Then relax in one of the world's most renowned wine regions.
From the renowned vineyards of surfing mecca Margaret River to the endearing native quokkas on Rottnest Island and the laid-back, historic cities of Perth and Fremantle, this Inspiring Journey has much to offer the discerning traveller. Become immersed in the beautiful traditional culture of Cape Naturaliste.
Per person, in USD
Adult Twin $2,715
Available on select departures
Early Payment Discount - Pay by 31 Jan 2021
You can save up to 10% when you pay in full by 31 January 2021*
- Overnight Stays
Your Journey Itinerary
1 Welcome to Perth
On arrival in Perth spend time on your own to relax or explore the surroundings. This evening meet your Journey Director and new travelling companions at your hotel for a Welcome Reception with local Western Australian wine and beers along with local produce canapes.
This morning enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the hotel before you head out for a city sites tour. You Journey Director will show you the best city sites including Elizabeth Quay, Yagan Square and you will have time to explore Kings Park with its sweeping city views and some of the 3,000 species of the State’s unique flora. This afternoon is free for you to relax or explore more of Perth’s sites. Tonight, you will dine in Perth’s heart of historical, cultural and dining precinct of the State Buildings.
3 Perth – Margaret River
Today you head to world renowned winery region of Margaret River. Leaving cosmopolitan Perth behind your first stop is Penguin Island. With its white sandy beaches and surrounded by crystal clear waters, Penguin Island lays in the heart of the ruggedly spectacular Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. Here you will board your boat to cruise through Shoalwater Bay’s wildlife Sanctuary to see dolphins, sea lions, penguins and sea birds. After your cruise you continue south to explore the historic Busselton Jetty that has been standing for more than 150 years. There is the chance to explore the jetty on foot or take the Jetty Train along this 1.84km timber piled jetty that is the longest in the southern hemisphere. Nestled on the white sandy beaches your accommodation for the night is the 5 Star Pullman Bunker Bay. Tonight, you will enjoy dinner at the Other Side of the Moon restaurant where you will dine on an array of fresh locally sourced seasonal produce with local wines.
4 Margaret River
Your day begins with a ‘Welcome to Country’ as part of your indigenous experience at Cape Naturaliste. Your local guide will escort you on a short walk around Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse precinct where they interpret the land through the eyes of an indigenous custodian followed by an artefact interpretation and didgeridoo experience. From Cape Naturaliste you’ll drive through the vineyard lined roads to your Margaret River winery experience. Upon arrival the winemakers will take you on a guided walk through the rolling vineyard and then onto your highlight degustation lunch with matching wines. After you have indulged in your long lunch you will explore more of the region and there is time to explore the quaint town of Margaret River before returning to your hotel.
5 Margaret River – Fremantle
This morning why not relax with a morning stroll along the beautiful white sandy beach and turquoise waters of Bunker Bay. Then enjoy a leisurely breakfast with views out to the sparkling ocean before relaxing by the pool. Leaving wine country behind you will be hugging the coastline north as you continue along Australia’s exquisite southwest coast to Fremantle. This afternoon you will join a local guide on a walking tour to explore some hidden gems and the historic streets of Fremantle.
6 Rottnest Island
Board your boat and escape across the open ocean to Rottnest Island, an island paradise lovingly referred to by the sun-worshipping locals as ‘Rotto’. Feel the sand between your toes and keep a keen eye out for the happiest little animal on earth, the Quokka. Join a ‘Local Specialist’ on a guided Discovery Rottnest bus tour covering the length of the island’s most spectacular locations. Delve into the island’s history and culture, its pristine marine and land environments and the diverse flora and fauna. Enjoy lunch before exploring more of the beaches. This afternoon, you’ll leave the pristine shoreline and cruise back to seaside Fremantle where tonight you’ll join your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner. What better way to toast to a mesmerising journey with Local Western Australian wines matched with the seasonal farm to table menu.
7 Farewell from Fremantle
Relax this morning as your journey comes to an end. You might choose to take in the intriguing Fremantle Markets before your Inspiring Journey comes to an end. You will be transferred by private car to Perth airport for your onward travel.
Authentic and Engaging Experiences
- Magnificent Rottnest Island
- The sights of Perth, taking in beautiful Kings Park
- Shoalwater Bay’s wildlife sanctuary
- Walk the length of the historic Busselton Jetty
- Learn about local Indigenous culture and bush tucker at Cape Naturaliste
- Take a locally guided walking tour through historic Fremantle
- Enjoy some of Australia’s best wines in Margaret River
- Stay in luxury at the InterContinental Perth and beautiful boutique regional accommodation
- Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destination
- Most meals, including Local Dining Experiences. See Dining tab below
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the journey
- Travel by bespoke vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioning
- A maximum of 22 guests to share your journey
- Expert Driver Guide escorts
- All entrance and National Park fees
- Sustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpack
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Airport transfers (see Flight Information below)
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Warm layers in cooler months
- A sense of adventure
- Low to moderate level of fitness required
- 6 Full buffet breakfasts
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Local Dining Experience
- 2 Dinners with wine
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- Day 1: Flights to arrive prior to 4.30pm into Perth Airport
- Day 7: Flights to depart after 1pm (Domestic) or 3pm (International) from Perth Airport
Enjoy Your Stay
Discover Western Australia