Be awed by Australia’s magnificent Top End, where you'll discover untamed waterfalls, vast wetlands, ancient culture and Dreamtime artwork.
Explore Kakadu, an ancient landscape of billabongs, gorges and hidden canyons teeming with spectacular wildlife. Admire beautiful rock art and hear stories of the Dreamtime. Embark on an Inspiring Journey to the haunt of the Lightning Man, Aboriginal clans and the mighty crocodiles that roams Kakadu’s floodplains.
Per person, in USD
Adult Twin $2,705
Available on select departures
- Overnight Stays
Your Journey Itinerary
1 Darwin — Litchfield National Park – Kakadu
Welcome to Darwin! This morning meet your Journey Director and board your luxury vehicle to begin your journey of discovery in the Top End. Travel across the Finniss River to Litchfield National Park. You'll visit tumbling Florence Falls and you'll also enjoy a swim to cool off at Wangi Falls, surrounded by tropical monsoon rainforest and hear about its importance in Aboriginal custom before stopping for lunch. Get ready for a cross-country journey into the magnificent Kakadu National Park. Keep your eyes open for Crocodiles as you cross the South Alligator River, Brolgas, Magpie Geese and Jabiru as you traverse along the long grasses of the marshes and wetlands. Kakadu really is a diverse UNESCO world heritage site. This afternoon check into the renowned Crocodile Hotel in the town of Jabiru and enjoy the wonderful Aboriginal Art Gallery within the hotel before getting to know your fellow travellers over dinner with wine.
As this Inspiring Journey departs at early morning accommodation will need to be booked for the previous night at Hilton Darwin.
This morning there’s a chance to take to the air an optional scenic flight over Kakadu. One of the best ways to experience the enormity of this wonderful National Park as well as the diversity from waterfalls and billabongs to flood plains and wildlife. Join your Journey Director on a walk at Kakadu’s stunning Ubirr rock art site. You'll see ancient rock art and take a walk to discover remarkable views over the surrounding wetlands and escarpments from the fantastic vantage point, Nadab lookout. After lunch the famous Yellow Waters Billabong boat cruise will be a highlight of your journey. You will see a myriad of different bird species, spot estuarine crocodiles and simply enjoy the stunning billabong and floodplains system. Returning to your hotel you will have the chance to relax and unwind with a refreshing dip in the hotel’s shaded outdoor pool or even wander through the on-site art gallery before enjoying a delicious dinner with wine.
3 Kakadu – Katherine Gorge
This morning you’ll visit Nourlangie to see its fascinating Aboriginal rock art for yourself. You’ll also hear first-hand from your Journey Director a detailed interpretation of the art and the rich Aboriginal culture as you explore the various outdoor ‘galleries' with art that dates back some 20,000 years. You will continue driving through the ancient lands of Kakadu National Park through to the town of Katherine and further on to Nitmiluk National Park. Indulge in five-star luxury at Cicada Lodge, a stunning architect designed eco-lodge surrounded by nature, where each room has a private balcony that opens to the glories of Nitmiluk National Park. Cool off from the heat of the day while enjoy a swim in the pool as the sunsets before a beautiful dinner.
Today immerse yourself as you meet Manual Pamkal who will welcome you with a traditional welcoming tune on the didgeridoo. Manual was born and raised immersed in his rich traditional culture. He’ll share with you stories of growing up in the bush and teach you the fine art of rarrk painting using a special brush from a reed called Julk. Call up the inner artist within you and paint your own masterpiece to take home! You will enjoy lunch back on the deck of Cicada Lodge overlooking this natural surrounding before having a free afternoon to relax. This evening indulge on a special sunset dinner cruise along Katherine River. You’ll marvel at the gorges while you spot wildlife and learn about the history and culture of the local Jawoyn people. Enjoy the peaceful ambiance during the candle-lit three course dinner cook on board your boat.
5 Katherine – Farewell from Darwin
Enjoy a lay in or get up early to enjoy the National Park completely immersed in the mystical morning light. Travel north along the Stuart Highway stopping at the gorgeous Edith Falls the way for a relaxing dip and some lunch. Continue to Adelaide River War Cemetery. During WWII, Adelaide River was the headquarters to a large military base and a large cemetery was created especially for those who gave their lives in the service and defence of their country. Your Inspiring Journey concludes on arrival in Darwin.
Authentic and Engaging Experiences
- World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park
- Litchfield National Park’s many wonderful waterfalls
- Uncover the Mary River on a safari cruise
- Climb Nourlangie for spectacular views over Kakadu National Park
- Get off road on the Marrakai 4WD track
- Cruise down Katherine Gorge and be surround by the beauty of the Nitmiluk region
- Delve into WWII history at Adelaide River War Cemetery
- Learn about Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr
- Enjoy an exclusive Aboriginal cultural experience
- Stay in luxury accommodation at Cicada Lodge and Wildman Wilderness Lodge
- Take a refreshing dip at Wangi Falls
- Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destination
- Most meals, including Local Dining Experiences. See Dining tab below
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the journey
- Travel by bespoke 4WD vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioning
- A maximum of 22 guests to share your journey
- Expert Driver Guide escorts
- All entrance and National Park fees
- Sustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpack
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Airport transfers (see Flight Information below)
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Warm layers in cooler months
- Swimwear and beach towel (if swimming)
- A sense of adventure
- Moderate level of fitness
- The walk to the top of Gunlom Falls is difficult in nature and may not be suitable for all guests. There is an easier walk with plunge pool access available as an alternative
- 4 Full buffet breakfasts
- 5 Lunches
- 3 Dinners with wine
- 1 Local Dining Experience
Flights are not included in holiday price.
- Day Prior: Flights to arrive anytime into Darwin Airport
- Day 5: Flights to depart after 8.00pm from Darwin Airport
Enjoy Your Stay
Discover the Northern Territory