Journey to the Red Centre of Australia – the sacred landscapes of the Outback and imposing Uluru, as you uncover an ancient culture that dates back thousands of years.
Delve into fascinating rituals of the Anangu during your Inspiring Journey through outback Australia and share in their spiritual connection with this ancient land that spans millennia.
Prices from: Per person, in USD
Adult Twin $2,550
- Overnight Stays
Your Journey Itinerary
1 Welcome to Uluru
Feel the stirring of something bigger than you as you arrive in Ayers Rock Resort, your launch pad to Australia’s fiery heart in the Uluru –Kata Tjuta National Park. This afternoon, join your Journey Director and fellow travellers to explore the foundations of life and society of the local Aboriginal people and their ancestors, before travelling to Kata Tjuta for a walk through Walpa Gorge. As the day fades, the outback sun bids a fiery farewell – the perfect backdrop for a Welcome Reception with sparkling wine while overlooking Uluru .
2 Uluru – Kings Canyon
Enjoy the mesmerising arrival of another day overlooking Kata Tjuta and Uluru . Skirting the red cliffs of Uluru , hear ancient tales, see rock art and visit Mutitjulu Waterhole. The next stop is Curtin Springs Station, where you’ll gain insights into the cattle-rearing heritage of the Severin family and enjoy a exclusive BBQ lunch before viewing Atila (Mt. Conner). Travelling to Kings Canyon, stop at Kings Creek Station. This evening, under the canopy of a starry southern hemisphere sky, settle back with sparkling wine – the flickering glow of the fire is the perfect accompaniment to Under A Desert Moon dinner.
3 Kings Canyon – Alice Springs
Gaze across the deep chasm of Kings Canyon as you embark on a sunrise 6km rim walk, taking in the domed ‘Lost City’ and the verdant ‘Garden of Eden. If you’d prefer a more relaxed walk, you can opt for a more gentle walk along the Canyon Creek Bed. Afterwards you’re off the beaten track, travelling along the 4WD Mereenie Loop Road past Gosses Bluff and then through the West MacDonnell Ranges to the iconic outback town of Alice Springs.
4 West MacDonnell Ranges
This morning you’ll visit the historic Overland Telegraph Station and learn why it was established in Alice Springs. Now the stunning landscapes of the West MacDonnell Ranges take centre stage as you embark on a walk through Simpsons Gap and dramatic Angkerle, which was created over millions of years. The deep red sandstone formation contrasts with the lush green ferns and gum trees on the valley floor. This evening, join your Alice Springs hosts for an exclusive Local dining Experience barbecue dinner around a campfire, as the Milky Way lights up the sky.
5 Farewell from Alice Springs
This epic adventure is almost at its end, but not before you visit the Royal Flying Doctor Service to see how this facility provides medical assistance to those living in remote outback Australia. You’ll also visit the School of the Air to learn how children living in the far reaches of the outback receive an education over the air waves. Your Red Centre Inspiring Journey comes to an end later this morning.
Authentic and Enriching Experiences
- Iconic Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Embark on a 4WD off the Mereenie Loop Road
- Wander through Simpsons Gap
- The 36 mystical domes of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas)
- Fascinating Angkerle (Standley Chasm)
- Hike through Walpa Gorge
- Learn about Uluru sacred sites
- Hike to the top of Kings Canyon for magnificent views
- Toast an Uluru sunset with sparkling wine
- Experience a spectacular Red Centre sunrise
- Unwind in your Deluxe Spa Room at Kings Canyon Resort
- Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destination
- Most meals, including Local Dining Experiences. See Dining tab below.
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the journey
- Travel by bespoke 4WD vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioning
- A maximum of 20 guests to share your journey
- Expert Journey Director and Driver Guide escorts
- All entrance and National Park fees
- Sustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpack
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Airport transfers (see Flight Information below)
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Warm layers in cooler months
- A sense of adventure
- Good level of fitness required for the Kings Canyon Rim Walk.
- Low to moderate level of fitness for the Kings Canyon Creek Bed Walk
- 4 Full buffet breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 1 Dinner with wine
- 2 Local Dining Experiences
- 1 Celebration Dinner
- Day 1: Flights to arrive prior to 12.30pm into Ayers Rock Airport
- Day 5: Flights to depart after 12.30pm from Alice Springs Airport
Enjoy Your Stay
Discover the Red Centre