Witness the rugged landscape of the Red Centre and marvel at the ancient cultures that have cared for this land for generations. Experience the majesty of Uluru, Kings Canyon and view rock art dating back thousands of years.
On this journey, experience the majesty of Uluru, Kings Canyon and the soaring West MacDonnell Ranges, taking in the beauty and enormity of your surroundings. View rock art dating back thousands of years, witness striking landscapes and be immersed in the stories of the Dreamtime.
Per person, in USD
Adult Twin $2,225
Available on select departures
Early Bird Savings
You can save up to 10% when you pay in full by 31 January 2020*.
- Overnight Stays
Your Journey Itinerary
1 Welcome to Alice Springs
This afternoon you’ll meet your Journey Director who will share their take on what life is like in such an isolated Australian town like Alice Springs. We’ll visit the Royal Flying Doctor Service to see how this facility provides medical assistance to those living in outback Australia. Then a visit to the School of the Air, a crucial service providing education to children living in remote Australian communities. Tonight, you will enjoy a Local Dining Experience with your hosts at an open-air barbecue dinner with campfires as the Milky Way lights up the wide Australian sky.
2 West MacDonnell Ranges
This morning you will visit the historic Overland Telegraph Station and learn about the overland telegraph line and why Alice Springs is in this location. Then you will drive to Simpsons Gap and Angkerle (Standley Chasm), which was created over millions of years, the deep red sandstone formation contrasts with the lush green ferns and gum trees on the valley floor. This afternoon you have some free time to relax by the pool or choose to explore more of Alice Springs on your own.
3 Alice Springs – Mereenie Loop – Kings Canyon
Today we drive further through the West MacDonnell Ranges to Kings Canyon. Along the way there’ll be time to see the cool waters at Ellery Creek Big Hole. Travelling offroad along the 4WD-only Mereenie Loop Road we will travel past Tylers Lookout and Gosses Bluff. This evening you’re treated to the unique Local Dining Experience, Under a Desert Moon, set in the wilderness under a canopy of the Southern Night sky (weather permitting). The only light comes from the moon and the flickering glow of the fire and the only sound is soft music intertwined with the whispering of the breeze through the Desert Oak trees and the crackling flames. Enjoy sparkling wine and canapés followed by a four course dinner, prepared from fresh produce and ingredients unique to the Australian Outback.
4 Kings Canyon – Curtin Springs – Uluru
This morning, you’re off on a six-kilometre Rim Walk exploration of the spectacular Kings Canyon. As you venture around the rim, highlights include the domed ‘Lost City’, and the luscious ‘Garden of Eden’. Now you will journey to Uluru. Your first stop is Curtin Springs which has been home to the Severin family since 1956 when Peter Severin arrived with his young wife Dawn, their toddler son Ashley and 1,500 head of cattle. Sit down to a barbecue lunch and meet one of the locals as you hear about the Severin family and the logistics of running a million acre cattle property. This afternoon we enter Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park and make our way to the domes of Kata Tjuta. Here you’ll join your Journey Director for a guided walk through Walpa Gorge. The large, steep domelike formations of Kata Tjuta are amazing to walk through and have great cultural significance for the Anangu people. As the sun sets, you’ll see spectacular changing colours over Uluru from the prime sunset viewing area. This evening share a few laughs with your fellow travellers over a delicious meal at Ilkari Restaurant.
5 Kata Tjuta – Farewell from Uluru
You’ll start the day with an impressive sunrise over Kata Tjuta and Uluru from the sunrise viewing area. From here it’s off to the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre for an insight into the history of the local Anangu People. Having lived in and looked after the Uluru and Kata Tjuta region for tens of thousands of years, the Anangu – the areas Traditional Owners – have a strong connection with this land. At the base of Uluru hear timeless stories, view spectacular rock art, and visit the culturally-significant Mutitjulu Waterhole. In the late morning, when your Inspiring Journey comes to an end, you’ll be transferred to Ayers Rock Airport for your onward flight.
See and Do
- The sprawling West MacDonnell Ranges\
- Wander through Simpsons Gap
- Iconic Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Fascinating Angkerle (Standley Chasm)
- The 36 mystical domes of Kata Tjuta(the Olgas)
- Hike to the top of Kings Canyon for magnificent views
- Learn about Uluru sacred sites
- Hike through Walpa Gorge
- Unwind in your Deluxe Spa Room at Kings Canyon Resort
- Experience a spectacular Red Centre sunrise
- Toast an Uluru sunset with sparkling wine
- Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destination
- Most meals, including Local Dining Experiences. See Dining tab below
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the journey
- Travel by bespoke 4WD vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioning
- Expert Driver Guide escorts
- A maximum of 20 guests on your journey
- All entrance and National Park fees
- Sustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpack
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Airport transfers (see Flight Information below)
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Warm layers in cooler months
- A sense of adventure
- Good level of fitness required for the three hour Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Low to moderate level of fitness required for the Kings Canyon Creek Bed Walk
- 4 Full buffet breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 1 Dinner with wine
- 2 Local Dining Experiences
- 1 Celebration Dinner
- Day 1: Flights to arrive prior to 12.30pm into Alice Springs Airport
- Day 5: Flights to depart after 1.00pm from Ayers Rock Airport
Enjoy Your Stay
Discover the Red Centre